Fisheries Technicians / Aquaculture Technicians
Scope: Full-time with immediate start or 1 April 2022 at the latest
Form of employment: Permanent employment
Agtira in Härnösand, Sweden, is a world leader in the field of aquaponics, a technique where fish and vegetables are farmed in a single cycle of production with minimal impact on the environment. Where production takes place in urban environments, close to the consumer. We are now in need of additional resources with a passion for excellence in fish husbandry. We can offer an exciting job with plenty of opportunities for development in a highly international team – and with sustainability at the heart of everything we do!
About the job: Agtira is recruiting a fish-farming technichian to our aquaponics facility in Härnösand, Sweden. The job consists of management and care for fish in a recirculating (RAS) system coupled to greenhouses. Since the system is reliant on a large array of technical equipment it is desirable that you have some practical skills. Before starting, you will recieve a brief education focusing on animal welfare and system maintenance.
The work in our facility includes:
- Feeding fish
- Size grading and transport of fish
- Instrument reading, calibration and data collection
- Record keeping and monitoring of fish health
- Equipment maintenance
- Cleaning of fish tanks and facilities
Who are you?
- You can work in accordance with established routines, without leaving anything to chance.
- You have education or experience of working in aquaculture, preferably in RAS/aquaponics systems.
- A good understanding of commonly used technical equipment in aquaculture is preferable.
- You are fluent in English or a Scandinavian language.
Are you a final-year student? We would like to hear from you too. A long-term perspective is important for us and for you. Successful student applicants will therefore have the opportunity to continue studying a couple of days a week, while gaining part-time work experience. After your exams you will switch seamlessly to full-time working.